Sunday, November 27, 2011

And heeeeere we go!

It's here-- the race to the semester finish line and boy have I got a LOT to do!  But, it's going to fly, I know it.  19 days until Christmas break.  I. CAN. DO. THIS!  It's surreal to think we're almost in our last semester at school.  It's so close I can taste it! 
This past weekend was awesome.  We got to spend time with both of our families and that hasn't happened in the past 5 years Reid and I have been together.  Reid's family from Texas was in town and we had lots of food, laughter, and pitch playing.  I love that his family knows how to play pitch!  Me and Reid's cousin Neal beat everyone!   It was fun to play with him; he reminded me so much of my little brother Thomas.  They are the same age, so maybe it's just a 15 y/o boy mannerism. 
Thursday night Reid and I braved the Wal-mart crowds for Black Friday specials.  We have 2 more gifts on our list to purchase and that's IT!  It feels good to have that almost completed.  We put our Christmas lights up in our trees outside and we have plans to put up inside decorations this next weekend. 
My family came to KC on Friday night and left today (Sunday).  It was so wonderful to have them visit.  They came for a special Mass at our church.  Reid and I have been attending RCIA classes at St. Andrew's.  For those who do not know what RCIA is: Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults.  Laymans terms: a class for those considering entering the Catholic church, or for anyone that just wants to learn more about the church.  Anyways- Saturday was the official "welcome" by our priest, to those persons in the class.  My dad and mom wanted to be here and it worked out perfectly.  All but Tim was present (Tim had basketball all weekend) and we got to enjoy our family time with good eats, fun game time together, and celebrated my dad's 54th birthday. 
Tonight we went to meet William Joseph Altenhofen, one of my best friend's new baby.  He arrived 17 days early and we are so excited to watch this beautiful baby grow up.  Little Will has a full head of dark hair and he's just a tiny little peanut.  Jack picked out a glow worm to take him and was so sweet to him when he held him.  It made me excited for someday in the future when we're blessed with a baby brother (ok, or sister) for our little Jack.  He's going to be a great big brother someday. 
And now, since I didn't take ANY pictures in the past 5 days, I will leave you with some recent funnies from Jack:
*Last night at 54th St Jack spotted a peanut M&M character on the wall that was sitting in a armchair with his head resting on his hand and Jack said, "That M&M is sad!" 
*This morning I went in to wake him up and told him it was Ye-Ye's (grandpa) birthday today.  He replied, "And tomorrow is Jesus' birthday?" 
*He told my family today that "we put up Christmas lights for Jesus' birthday."  I said, "who puts up Christmas lights?"  Jack said, "The city does.  The whole city puts up Christmas lights for Jesus' birthday!" 

Apparently Jack's excited for Jesus' birthday and I LOVE that he knows it's Jesus' birthday.  Jesus IS the reason for the season.  :)
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment