Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm DONE!....almost

This morning I took my LAST FINAL for Nursing school and I feel SO accomplished!  I cannot believe that I've survived this year.  I can't believe that my family has survived this year.  It's been a crazy, fast, emotional, rewarding, sad, happy, fun, and incredibly enlightening.  I know now, more than before that nursing is the field I'm meant to be in.  I am confident in saying that I'm going to be a damn good nurse.  I cannot wait for my future. 
Speaking of (and if you haven't already read it on Facebook), I'll be starting June 4th at Truman Medical Center in Labor & Delivery!! I'm going to have the best of both pediatrics and adults.  I am so scared about the lack of L&D knowledge I have, however, I know that I will get a great Graduate Nurse education from TMC.  I also found comfort in the fact that I had Jack at TMC and I know there are some amazing nurses and doctors up there. 
Tomorrow we have a day of activities required by the nursing department that we have to complete and then Friday night is pinning.  It's going to be bittersweet.  I've made some great new friends and we've been seeing each other all day, every day for the last 12 months.  It will be strange to get back to "normalcy".  I've got a million things to do though so I know I'll have plenty of distractions. 
To all of you who read this, THANK YOU for supporting me in any way that you have over this past year.  It's been an amazing journey and I have some wonderful, understanding family and friends. 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment