Thursday, January 5, 2012

I went to jail...

No really...I went to jail.  But...not because I was under arrest, but because we had to tour there for our Community Health nursing course.  And yes, that means classes have started again and life is off to the races again.  It's a little crazy how much I didn't feel like I had a break, but that's neither here nor there.  I loved getting to spend time with both of our families and we have been blessed with B-E-A-Utiful weather this "winter".  Here's hoping for no serious snow this "winter".  I can't even imagine it, but I would be totally fine with it happening. 
Life around the Kirby's is busy...as usual.  We're finishing up holiday parties this month and I'm working at Children's Mercy almost every weekend.  We will hopefully get to go celebrate Emery's birthday (my cousin's first born) at the end of the month, so maybe even a quick getaway.  We'll see how the weather plays out! 
A few facts/quotes from Jack's world:
1) He's moved up to the 3-4 year old's classroom.  No, he's not 4 and not even 3 yet, but his teacher from the 2-3s moved up and asked if he could move too.  He does very well with her and he communicates very well for his age, so I guess it's good.  He loves school so much and came home after the first day in his new room basically bursting with excitement about all the fun things he was doing.  I love to see my baby happy, so I'm happy too.
2) Jack weighs 37 lbs.  We haven't had him weighed officially on the doctor's scale, but he likes to jump up on ours occasionally and that's the latest weight.  I cannot believe it.  He's solid because he weighs as much as some kindergartners but I don't think he looks like one! 
3) Today he saw a commercial for the Fresh Beat Band concert tour and he looked at me and said, "I wish I could take you to it."  So. sweet.  I had told him that probably a week or so ago when we saw it the first time and he remembered it and said it to me.  Can you say sponge?! 
4) Jack's room has been transformed into a 'big boy' room!  All the baby decorations are down (and ready to sell).  CARS has taken over.  Jack got an awesome sheets set for Christmas from my parents and we hung 2 posters up.  I took his old letters and painted them solid colors to go more with the sheets, instead of the previous jungle theme.  He loves it and calls it a "big kid room". 

That's about it for now.  I'm procrastinating for my 1st test tomorrow; maybe my next blog will come on Thursday next week, since we have another test next Friday....oh the joys of accelerated nursing...4.5 months people.

Until next time...
A few pictures from our Christmas:

 Jack and his new CARS stocking cap and book
 Our little family
 Jack had to pose with this duck

Grandma and Jack made Christmas cookies
Aunt Sarah and Jack matched!

1 comment:

  1. I like your style. Blogging is more fun than studying :)

    ReplyDelete