Friday, November 26, 2010

Bazaar kind of weekend

Last weekend (11/19-11/22) we went back to Hastings to visit my family.  There was so much to do with so little time (as always).  But, it was extra special because we were all under one roof together.  You might say, "Oh you celebrated Thanksgiving early?!"  But that was not the case.  Our Catholic school in Hastings, has an Annual Chicken Noodle Dinner/Bazaar.  It's this giant event that raises lots of money for the school.  When I was in elementary/middle school I spent so many hours and dollars on games, food, cake walk, buying trinkets from the Attic Treasures, buying pickle tickets, and playing BINGO!  In high school, I de-boned chicken for the massive batches of homemade noodles.  I mean, this event is HUGE!  It is definitely nostalgic for me to go back.  I haven't been since I graduated and it was fun taking Reid and Jack.  My mom asked me to knit a few scarves to donate to the craft booth.  I set a goal for 6 (in just over a month) and exceeded my goal with 7 total.  Knitting is a passion of mine and I was happy to share it.  And the scarves sold SO fast!!  Next year, I'll have to start sooner so I can donate more.  Below you can see a few pictures of the scarves.  I forgot to take a picture of the 2nd scarf (it was blue). 
We also got to celebrate 2 Skoch men's birthdays!  My brother JohnMarc turned 22 on Sunday 11/21 and my dad's birthday is tomorrow 11/27.  Mom ordered this cool cake to honor the "past and present" Jayhawks.  :)
The birthday boys:
It was a fantastic weekend and we're excited to go back for Christmas in just a few short weeks. 
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Love the scarves, Lauren!! Someday I'm going to learn to be creative :)

    ReplyDelete