Friday, December 11, 2009

Gooooo Bearcats!

It's a Friday night and Jack and I just got back from yummy mexican food with my friends Alessia and Amanda and their fiance' and husband, respectively.  It was a great time and Jack got to see Owen, his little buddy (Amanda and Daniel's 5 month old).  And I LOVE good Mexican food!  Now we're curled up watching some Wow Wow Wubbzy on nickjr.  Jack just loves his TV.  In fact just a minute ago I switched it to another channel to check a score and he looked up at me like, "Mommy...why did you just change my channel!?"  Haha...so back to Wubbzy we go.  He interacts very well with the characters.  He points at things and laughs out loud when his friend "Moose A. Moose" comes on between shows to give some 'advice of the day'.  He's getting very good at playing by himself in his playpen, so mommy can get some work done.  He'll sit and "read" to himself.  He's turning pages and pointing at objects on the page.  I love to watch him play. 
Tomorrow is a big day!  The Northwest Missouri State University Bearcats are playing in their 5th STRAIGHT Division 2 National Championship (football).  Now, for those of you who don't know...I've made that trip to Alabama, to watch the Bearcats for the last 4 years.  The last 3, I've been rooting for a special offensive lineman, my hubby.  This is the first year Reid and I won't be making that trip.  Boy, does it feel GREAT not to have to drive to Florence, AL!!  However, we will be watching in full anticipation for a Bearcat win.  The last 4 years have not gone our way and we've lost.  The heartache we've experience is hard to put into words.  I'm praying for a great game and an even better outcome.  We'll see what happens.  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S!  You can find the game at 12pm cst on ESPN2. 
Not much else is going on this weekend.  Reid works every night 4pm-12am and I'm singing in the church choir for Saturday night Mass.  Then, it's 7 more working days until Christmas vacation for us!  I can't wait!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment