Wednesday, March 17, 2010

1st birthday/St. Patty's Day

Today is our bubby's 1st birthday!  It has been a wonderful day!  I woke up really early and made green eggs and green pancakes.  We put a candle in the stack and sang happy birthday.  He wasn't very happy with us not letting him touch the flame.  But, Jack gobbled it up!  I'm not sure he even chewed anything.  :)  I had to say goodbye and go to work, but the fun didn't stop.  Jack got to go to his first St. Patty's Day parade with his daddy and grandma (and aunts/uncles/cousins).  It was pretty chilly, but he made it and I think he even liked it. 
Good morning Birthday Boy!
Green pancakes and green eggs:
Not happy because we wouldn't let him touch the candle:
Birthday boy bundled up at the St. Patty's Day parade:
Chillin' with Grandma Judy at the parade:

I work at the same hospital where I gave birth so I spent a lot of the day reminiscing.  It is surreal to think that just one year ago, I had been laying in a hospital bed holding my baby for the first time.  I went in for surgery at 6am and Jack was delievered by 9am.  We were shocked to find out he weighed 11 lbs and that will be a story for years to come.  They rolled him into the recovery room and they said, "Here's your toddler" and now, he really is a toddler!  He's throwing things, playing "catch", walking all over the place, and "babbling" all sorts of things.  He loves to read books, chew on anything, imitate his parents, and to be chased.  He's quite the little character.  It's hard to believe a whole year has passed. 
We have experienced so many wonderful things in this past year.  We've had amazing support from family and friends and I feel incredibly blessed to have such a beautiful son.  He brings so much joy to our lives and I love his smiles everyday.  He squeals when we come home from work and he hugs us tightly at night.  It's the best feeling in the world.  He's changing every day before our eyes.  (Yesterday tooth #6 came in!)
I pray that God continues to protect us and guide us in this coming year.  There are many more milestones for little Jack.  Thank you again for all your support and love. 
Up next for us...birthday bash this weekend for the little man.  Stay tuned for more pics.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment