Monday, November 23, 2009

Mother's Day/Our 1st Anniversary (5/10/09)

Well, it's my first Mother's Day! And, I'm sort of in awe of it, really. I've found myself extremely loving towards my son today. If he was older, he'd probably be whining "MOM...STOP KISSING ME!". :) I just want to hold him and squeeze him and cuddle with him today. I am so thankful for this amazing gift of life and I'm happy that I made the decision to become a mother. I always knew I wanted kids. In fact, I changed my "goal" in life from medical school to mother about halfway through my college career. God sure knew what he was doing. I had to stay an extra semester for ONE class and that was when I met Reid. Now, today we've been married for one year AND I'm celebrating my first Mother's Day! What an awesome plan that has unfolded. I feel truly blessed with an amazing husband and a beautiful son. I am excited for all the joy that our little boy is going to bring us. I know there will be many days where I want to kiss/cuddle him, I just pray I cherish each moment.

I also have a new appreciation for my own Mother. I hope that we've shown our love and gratitude to her enough on this day. For the past 25 years, she's been a mom! In fact, she spent her first Mother's Day in the hospital after my birth! My dad was graduating from KU and she got to spend the day with me. I can just imagine the thoughts rolling through her head as she stared at her tiny infant. I have now felt those feelings and thought those thoughts! I know what its like! It's simply beautiful. Your heart leaps out of your chest with love.

To all you mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I pray that the Lord continues to shower blessings in your lives.

All my love,

Lauren

Stretched out before bathtime:


Happy Mother's Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment