Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend was WICKED!

Family picture Thanksgiving 2009:


We had a great time at the Kirby residence, this past holiday weekend. On Wednesday, Reid's family from Texas and Osage Beach, MO arrived in town (Aunt/uncle, cousins, and grandma Peggy). I took Jack to see them while daddy worked that evening. It's always great to see extended family on both sides and for them to interact with Jack. He did so well with all the new faces and I think they enjoyed him too. Thursday (Thanksgiving), we actually just hung out most of the day. Reid had to work the morning, so we spent the day just chillin' and eating yummy food. Judy (Reid's mom) made Southwest Stew and pumpkin cake! YUM-MY! I cannot get enough pumpkin around the holidays. In fact, Reid's sister commented "My family is the reason for the pumpkin shortage in the US." We had pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake, Pumpkin pilgram pies....you get the idea. What a spread we had at the inlaws. I tell you, the holidays do some damage on our waist lines!
Thursday evening, I spent an hour or so mapping out my Black Friday excursion! I went out with Reid's cousins and sister from 11:30pm (Thurs) to 7am (Fri). Jack went home with daddy and cousin Neil to play video games. We had a blast and really, getting only 4 hours of sleep (7-10am and then an hour long nap) didn't hurt me too bad. AND I'm 90% done with my Christmas shopping and under budget!
Friday afternoon we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Phillips' families. It was a wonderful time to spend with all of them. Jack even had his first Thanksgiving meal! He wasn't too excited about the real deal, but he sure loved his jar of sweet potatoes and turkey.

Most of the girl cousins and Grandma Peggy showed up to family dinner all in purple!:


"I want some more!":


On Friday evening, my mom and sister arrived in KC. My dad had purchased Wicked tickets for Maggie, as a surprise for her 17th birthday, and sent the girls to KC to "spend time with Jack" or so they thought was the purpose of the trip. On Saturday we spent the day shopping and then at lunch, my mom showed Maggie the tickets. It was a great surprise! We got to have dinner on the plaza at The Cheesecake Factory (let me just say that Chocolate Coconut cheesecake is the best I've ever had) and then enjoyed Wicked, the musical. What a great performance and an awesome experience for us girls.

Mom and daughters waiting for our seats at The Cheesecake Factory:


Sisters pic in front of the Plaza lights:


I couldn't be more thankful for the many blessings we've had this year. The time we shared this weekend with family was much needed.
We hope you had a blessed holiday, as well.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment