Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

Wow-I cannot believe it's 2010--no more 00's...we're back to double digits!  I feel like just yesterday I was thinking..."Oh my goodness..the year 2000!"  It's amazing how fast time really does fly, when you're having fun!  We had a wonderful 2009 and we're excited for the new changes and adventures that 2010 may bring. 
Mommy and Jack hung out on New Year's Eve.  Daddy was at work for his normal 4pm-12am shift.  So, we decided to go to Chuck E. Cheese with my sister-in-law and her 4 kiddos (+ 1 friend).  It was so much fun!  I haven't been to a C.E.C. in probably 15 years!  Jack had so many bright lights to watch, games to see, and there were tons of kids running around him.  In fact, I had to turn the high chair around so he could watch, because he was trying to turn completely around in it.  He even rode his first ride--a Stuart Little car ride.  As soon as I strapped him in, he started spinning the stearing wheel.  It was too cute.  We stayed out until 945pm!  :)  Jack fell asleep on the car ride home and when I laid him down to change his diaper and get him into pjs, he woke right up and decided he wanted to wait until midnight like big people do.  We played for awhile with his new toys from Christmas and at 1140pm, we got a nice surprise...Daddy came home early!  We watched the ball drop together and reflected on our many blessings in 2009, together as a family.  It was a nice moment.   
We hope you had a safe holiday and are enjoying your first days in 2010.  May God bless you and your families. 
Until next time...
Love, The Kirby's
Jack's excited to be at Chuck E. Cheese:

Trying out his driving skills:

Hanging with Stuart Little:

No comments:

Post a Comment