Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year = new appetite!

Jack is officially eating "real people" food 3x a day.  I'm personally enjoying watching him be able to feed himself and share meals with him.  It is not as convenient as bottles, but it's great to see him try new things.  We just have to slow down a bit, and thats always good.  Right now we're learning how to feed him appropriately.  He doesn't really have an 'off' button, so we have to be careful not to stuff him.  If we let him, he'll just keep eating.  :)  He's really enjoying hot dogs, mac n' cheese, sliced cheese, green beans, peas, applesauce, and yogurt.  He even shared leftover chicken and dumplings, from Cracker Barrel, with me.  He's still eating an occasional bottle, mainly at bed time.  It's going to be great to not have to buy as much formula! 
Jack's first hotdog and mac 'n cheese:

We've also found a new game....Jack likes to play Cowboys and Indians...or just Indians.  Uncle Benny was over yesterday and introduced him to the game.  He will sit in your lap and hum while you pat at his mouth.  If you stop, he'll grab your hand and pull it back up.  I've tried to get him to do it, but he ends up chewing on his hand instead.  He just lays there and laughs and laughs.  It's quite hilarious to watch. 
We're enjoying all the new toys we acquired at Christmas.  Our living room is turned into a giant play room, at the moment.  I put the pack 'n play in the opening to the kitchen and blocked off some corners with pillows and Jack's having a ball.  Well...he's pulling on my legs to get my attention, so I better get back to play time.
We hope all is well--
Until next time....
Mommy and Jack

1 comment:

  1. Emery's never had hot dog...hum...maybe we should try it! ha. I have a list from Em's doctor of good foods to feed at this age, let me know if you'd like me to email it to you!

    ReplyDelete